10' Deconstructed Shelter Arm Sofa
Inspired by the unadorned beauty of their grandfather's 19th-century wing chair – liberated from its velvet upholstery and the frame exposed – the Van Thiels replicated the Old World artistry in the Shelter Sofa. A distressed walnut frame, accented with nail tacks, is complemented by the texture of burlap and fabric. This is furniture for the ages.
Show Details +
- Circa 1930s France, with a low, sculptural rectangular form and clean profile
- Built by hand with a kiln-dried, corner-blocked solid walnut frame
- Deeply tufted seat cushion, visible whipstitching and nail tacks
- Two layers of burlap cover the back and the rail below the seat
- The walnut frame and legs are smoothly sanded and given a matte finish to look as they would before the final stain and polish; nicks, imperfections and natural variations in color are to be expected
- 4 seat cushions/4 back cushions
- Seat cushions are a down-blend fill; a thin foam core wrapped with 80% feathers and 20% down
- Fabric is treated for stain-resistance
- 120"W x 31"D x 26"H
- Clearance needed for delivery: 26". Learn more.
Shown in sand Belgian Linen.
Product Not Available
We're sorry. This product is no longer available
Please continue browsing.