6' Deconstructed Chesterfield Upholstered Sofa
Inspired by the unadorned beauty of their grandfather's 19th-century wing chair – liberated from its velvet upholstery and the frame exposed – the Van Thiels replicated the Old World artistry in the French Victorian Settee. A distressed walnut frame, accented with nail tacks, is complemented by the texture of burlap and fabric. This is furniture for the ages.
Show Details +
- Early 20th century Edwardian, with tufted and tied-back and inner arms, bold flaring scroll-arms and turned and brass-castored front legs
- Built by hand with a kiln-dried, corner-blocked solid walnut frame
- Visible whipstitching and nail tacks
- Two layers of burlap cover the back and the rail below the seat
- Exposed tufting thread on the back and sides of the sofa matches the color of the fabric
- The walnut frame and legs are smoothly sanded and given a matte finish to look as they would before the final stain and polish; nicks, imperfections and natural variations in color are to be expected
- Wide jute strapping supports the 8-way, hand-tied seat spring
- 1 seat cushion/tight back
- Seat cushion is a down-blend fill; a thin foam core wrapped with 80% feathers and 20% down
- Fabric is treated for stain-resistance
- 72"W x 39"D x 31"H
- Clearance needed for delivery: 31". Learn more.
Shown in sand Belgian Linen.
Product Not Available
We're sorry. This product is no longer available
Please continue browsing.