Restoration Hardware Returns
At Restoration Hardware, we take pride in the exceptional quality and craftsmanship of our furniture. Our attention to detail in design, material and construction is unyielding. And so is our commitment to customer satisfaction.
Please note that proof of purchase is required for a refund. Upon return, your item will be inspected, and exchanges, credits and refunds will be issued for the purchase price only Any taxes charged will be refunded in accordance with state and local laws. Shipping charges are non-refundable with the exception of damaged or defective merchandise. Return shipping and re-stocking fees may apply. We offer a one-time price adjustment when an original sales receipt or proof of purchase is presented within 30 days of order delivery or purchase from a store.
When returning an item, please complete the information on the back of your packing slip, and use the return address label we provide. Pack your return securely and be sure to ship it via insured US Mail or UPS Ground. Retain your shipping receipt for your records.
Please note that when you purchase from Restoration Hardware, you authorize our licensed customs broker to act as your agent with the Canada Border Services Agency. Our customs broker will clear merchandise through customs and process related duties and taxes on your behalf. By waiving and transferring your right to receive any refund of duties and taxes to our customs broker, you enable Restoration Hardware to refund duties and taxes directly to you.
We carefully inspect each item prior to shipment, and also require your inspection and signature upon delivery. Should you discover a defect in your furniture, however, please contact us at 800.910.9836 immediately. Furniture that is refused because it does not fit through an entryway will be refunded in merchandise or store credit only.
Stocked Non-Furniture Items
We accept returns for Non-Furniture Items within 30 days, with proof of purchase.
Custom orders are custom-made upon order and are non-cancellable, non-returnable and non-refundable with the exception of manufacturer defects or damages. Customers will have 24 hours from placement of custom orders to cancel. After 24 hours, a 50% deposit will be retained by Restoration Hardware and cannot be refunded.
These items are considered custom order items and are non-cancellable, non-returnable and non-refundable.
Final Sale & Clearance Items
Clearance items, as well as any items purchased at Restoration Hardware Outlet stores, are considered final-sale items and cannot be returned. See “Outlet Stores” for more details on our return policies at these locations.
Restoration Hardware Outlet Stores carry discontinued, returned and not-quite-perfect furniture and home accessories.
Outlet Store Policies
- All merchandise sold as-is; all sales are final
- Discounts are calculated from original retail store prices or current retail store prices, whichever is higher
- Quantities are limited to stock on hand; shop early for best selection
- Outlet Store pricing and/or discounts cannot be combined with any other discounts, other promotional coupons or other offers
- Merchandise may be priced according to quality
- Cash, credit cards and personal checks are accepted with valid identification
- Any missing parts, pieces, or materials will not be available through Restoration Hardware
- Please measure all merchandise carefully before purchasing to ensure the products will fit through your entryways and in your home
- Customers must come prepared to pick up merchandise, or arrange for delivery on the day of purchase; if you need suggestions for delivery service providers, please ask any associate
- Due to insurance requirements we can only assist in loading customer's vehicles with a signed waiver
- Customers must come prepared with tie-downs, blankets and other supplies to load and secure the merchandise as none will be available on site
All prices in our catalogs and online are in US dollars and are subject to any applicable taxes according to state and local laws. Availability, prices and delivery rates are subject to change.
There may be errors in the prices, descriptions or images of certain merchandise, and we must reserve the right to restrict orders of those items.